Friday, June 3, 2011

Black Top Baron's Road Block!

Here it is folks! Tomorrow I will roast my buns off @ the car show in Yorktown with my honey. We are venturing there and then we are invited to the musical after party.

Naturally, I spent the past two days pondering what I should wear. In a previous post I was determined to create those sailor shorts with overalls, but as I predicted, school got in the way of the creativity. I went to my favorite store (hint: rhymes with "Goodthrill")and picked up two dresses, two pairs of shoes, three tops, one capris, hoops and a necklace. All for a mere $38 dollars! Working in a department store really brings out the thrift in me when I got to the clearance rack and see a shirt that's priced at two digits. Power to the thrifters!

One of the tops I got (for 3.99) was a tank blouse with tiny red and white checkers. It's actually a maternity top, so I have the extra fabric to tie it up with.

I already had tight black capris and a higher-rising black skort, so I debated between the two. The forecast is in the 80s, so I'm leaning towards the skort. I'm going to be on my feet for the whole day, so I'm wearing the pair of white sandals that I bought for 5.99.

I didn't know what to do with my hair- the ongoing question: the HAAAIR?!- so I surfed the net and found that I liked the "bouffant" style; no need for curlers (thank god!), just need to tease the hell out of the crown area, twist it up in the back, and stick a headband close to the front of the hairline. Tah-dah! Instant 50s, and no sweaty neck tomorrow!

Liquid Eyeliner will make a dashing appearance, as will the Red Polish. They get along quite well, as you can image.

Pictures will be soon posted, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment